Ask Us about our Sweet Heart Deal!
Live-In Care is 24-hour coverage that takes place in the client’s residence. Two caregivers will rotate shifts (usually 3-4 days on, 3-4 days off) each week. The caregivers will perform duties associated with activities of daily living and personal care, as well as homemaker duties. This arrangement is perfect for clients who need monitoring and/or assistance. (ie: seniors with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, or those who are at risk for falls)
· More affordable than hourly care (flat daily rates equal less than half the cost of hourly 24/7 care)
· Minimal personnel (two caregivers rotate schedules)
· Because of the consistency in care from familiar care providers, changes in a client’s condition are noticed, reported, and addressed immediately. This minimizes hospitalizations, and the occurrence or progression of many illnesses and/or injures
· Clients gain comfort and peace of mind from the rapport & routines developed with caregivers because of their extended shifts
· Hospital readmissions for clients who use our services immediately following discharge from a facility are extremely rare
Many families hire privately when seeking home care for 24-hour coverage to eliminate expensive agency fees. Unfortunately, the arrangement may not work out for various reasons. Our live-in program allows clients to receive the benefits of using an agency (ie: screening, training, bonding of caregivers, and covering schedules in the absence of the regular caregiver). Only the cost is reduced, not the quality.
In order to qualify for live-in care a client must:
- Not require frequent care, total care, or skilled (medical) care
- Allow caregivers a reasonable amount of downtime during the day
- Allow caregivers to sleep at night. Caregivers may assist clients during overnight hours, but cannot be awakened frequently, or be expected to remain awake for extended periods of time
- Provide the use of a private room for the caregiver
- Provide space for caregivers to store their food and beverages in the appropriate environments