Most of our live-in caregivers are experienced retirees that chose to reenter the workforce as private duty care providers. Their maturity results in the development of a positive and meaningful rapport with clients. Their experience, and the continuity of care results in minimal ER visits and hospitalizations. Our goal is to only recruit and retain caregivers who share in our vision to serve our clients by providing the highest quality of care that comes from the heart.
- In-person interview
- Nationwide background investigation
- Employment verification/ reference checks (must have at least 2 years of professional work experience as a home health aide or nursing assistant)
- Drug screen
- Pre-employment physical
- Negative test results for tuberculosis or exposure to tuberculosis
- Proof of U.S citizenship, or U.S. employment eligibility
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a good driving record for caregivers who will transport clients
- Successful completion of a competency evaluation
All caregivers are bonded. Helping Hands offers monthly educational sessions on various relevant topics to ensure the highest standard of care.